By Abby Cross
Summer 2016 is quickly approaching. With that comes all of the excitement of vacations, no school, and for some people, a major increase in income. With all the extra time, warm weather, and great friends, everyone can make this summer one to remember.
I know a ton of people are dreading spending another summer in Small Town USA but there are plenty of activities to do here in Sterling.
Senior Amanda Yetter plans to work at the North Sterling State Park and prepare for basic training for the Marine Corps.
Some other super fun local ideas are:
- Upper Deck Miniature Golf– 1030 Douglas St
Includes mini golf and a batting cage.
- Tri-state Tactical– 17282 Co Rd. 32
Includes paintball/airsoft course.
- Sterling Recreation Center– 808 Elm St
Includes indoor/outdoor swimming pool, wallyball courts and a fitness room.
- Disc Golf– Pioneer Park
18 holes of Frisbee golf.
- North Sterling Reservoir– 24005 Co Rd. 330
Includes a swim beach and camping grounds.
- Fox 5 Theater– 313 Poplar St.
Includes 5 theaters and concessions.
- Logan County Fair– Fairgrounds
Includes carnival, concert, rodeos, and Demolition Derby. The carnival dates are August 2-7.
- July Jamz– Court House Gazebo
Every Friday night in July from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
Not to mention there is always the chance to get out of town and go on a killer road trip with your best friends or your family.
Senior Aysha Martinez is planning on attending a Sam Hunt concert with senior Khalie Tidemann. Junior Logan Kiefer is planning on spending his summer going on college tours.
Some great out of town ideas are:
- Denver Zoo– 2300 Steele St. in Denver
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science– 2001 Colorado Blvd. in Denver
- Elitch Gardens– 2000 Elitch Circle in Denver
- Explore Downtown Denver
- Enjoy concerts at Red Rocks in Morrison or Cheyenne Frontier Days in Wyoming
- Denver Aquarium– 700 Water St. in Denver
- Sky Zone– 9851 S Parker Rd. in Parker
- IFly Denver– 9230 Park Meadows Dr. in Lone Tree
- Water World– 8801 Pecos St. in Federal Heights
- SBR Motorsports– 21430 Spencer Rd. in Calhan
So, now that you have all of these amazing ideas locally and otherwise, I hope everyone has a super fun and adventure-filled summer.